Preventative Maintenance for Centrifuges and Rotors
Our program ensures your centrifuges and rotors are working at optimal performance.
We recommend that all instruments have an annual preventative maintenance. Preventative maintenance can detect physical wear and tear and provide repairs before there is considerable damage. This not only prolongs the life of rotors, it also protects your equipment and samples, and significantly reduces unexpected downtimes.
At MarathonLS, our preventative maintenance service for centrifuges and rotors includes:
- Check of all functions of equipment
- Inspection and cleaning of equipment housing
- Inspection and cleaning of accessories
- Inspection and cleaning of internal electronic parts
- Inspection and maintenance of refrigeration systems (where applicable)
- Appropriate degreasing and lubrication of bearings, rotors and wear points
- Inspection and maintenance of lid mechanics, including latch and lift mechanisms
- Verification and calibration of motor RPMs
- Diagnostics test of system performance
- Functional evaluation of sensors (where applicable)
- Evaluation of electronic displays, software (updates where applicable) and memory
- Validation and adjustment of parameters to manufacturer specifications
Contact us and learn why our preventative services are the best in the industry.
Return to Value of Preventative Maintenance page
or read more about why preventative maintenance is important for:
Why routine inspection of centrifuge rotors is important
Rotors and buckets may encounter physical wear or be damaged as a result of regular use. This damage may be exacerbated under centrifugal forces.
Wear and tear, or damage may include:
- Scratches or gouges
- Missing or worn andozidizing
- Damage to contact points
- Even small flaws may generate stresses greater than the rotor was designed to withstand.