Frequently Asked Questions
- Marathon has a wide range of plastic consumables* offerings for our customers. Our Pacer customers also have access to a Marathon representative who will purchase non-Marathon products on the client’s behalf through platforms like Prendio.
*No refrigeration, perishable, hazmat, or flammable reagents are available
- The primary actions during the implementation phase of Pacer are an initial lab and stock room evaluation and walk-through, a thorough analysis of historical consumable usage, followed by the organization of consumables onsite, and a final review of the onboarding check list which confirms items such as agreed upon min/max levels, established communication channels and recurring meetings, etc. Initial implementation with Pacer will take approximately two weeks, at which point, weekly replenishments commence.
- Marathon Pacer has several dedicated team members working exclusively on their specialized responsibilities within Pacer, such as finance, procurement, data analysis, stocking, organizing, ordering, communication and much more. Because the Pacer team is a group of individuals, one full-time employee wouldn’t have the expertise in all of these areas to accomplish the entire scope of work. As an organization, Marathon has four warehouses across the US from which we distribute all of our products in a strategic manner. This mirrors our Pacer strategy – something a non-Marathon employee would not be able to replicate. In addition, the cost of Pacer is less than the salary of a full-time employee when you consider a number of expenses such as the resources needed to onboard, health, medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off and other benefits.
- Because Pacer is tailored to best suit your lab’s needs, the time spent onsite is dependent on scope requirements. However, as Pacer is run on a results-based strategy, time spent onsite can vary week to week.
- Pacer is designed to meet your needs; therefore, program cost is determined by the scope of work which is based on a number of lab operation metrics and factors. Ask us about a FREE consultation.
- Pacer outsources all of your supply chain operations and enables your lab staff to work more productively. Not only will Pacer take over day to day tasks such as ordering and stocking, but it will also simultaneously mitigate over stock and stock outs due to defined par levels and inventory data analysis and provide a more stable supply chain with local warehousing. The Pacer team will establish a regular meeting cadence with customers to anticipate trends and provide peace of mind so your lab can focus on research and discovery.